Style Domaine

Mark Cross + Grace Kelly & Rear Window

I have been in love with the Mark Cross bag in Rear Window since the first time I saw the movie. In the film, Grace Kelly carries a Mark Cross bag {specially created for the movie} and in a momentous scene; in which the bag steals the scene, Grace Kelly removes her negligee while explaining to her boyfriend that she can travel lightly and be a part of his world.

That bag set my pulse racing {at 7 years old btw} and I have longed for it since. While on my honeymoon, I went to Barney’s and they had an entire wall of reissued Mark Cross bags including the trunk bag from Rear Window! I was torn between buying it {bye bye savings} or searching Ebay on an off chance. I took that chance and found a vintage one in mint condition! It arrived yesterday…I managed to restrain myself from hugging it while sleeping but otherwise haven’t taken my eyes off the bag! It is so exciting to have a lifelong love for a purse become a reality.

6 Comments on Mark Cross + Grace Kelly & Rear Window

1. Padfoot
    December 20, 2012 at 7:02 pm (5 years ago)

Hi,

I’m looking for a similar purse and am wondering if you would mind sharing the price that you’ve paid? I’m not sure where to start my search. Thank you and please have a wonderful day.

• Ella
      December 20, 2012 at 11:34 pm (5 years ago)

Happy to help! I purchased the bag for about $450.00 . The new reissues are available at Barneys or you can search Ebay for a vintage one.

• padfoot
        December 21, 2012 at 7:50 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you so much! I didn’t know that Barneys had Mark Cross! Happy Holidays!!

• Ella
          December 22, 2012 at 11:59 am (5 years ago)

You’re welcome! Happy Holidays and very Merry Happy Shopping!

2. Katrina
    November 28, 2013 at 12:04 am (4 years ago)

Found one shopping in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Authentication and bag, $20 The man didn’t know what he had! Never did I!

• Ella
      November 28, 2013 at 11:09 am (4 years ago)

That is incredible!! Congrats on your amazing score!